When you start up Forza Horizon 5, you will be greeted with a somewhat jarring robotic voice telling you to “press A button to start” and then “press X button for accessibility” in the main menu.
You can check out this step-by-step guide to see how you can potentially disable this screen reader/narrator on the Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X.
1. To begin, head to the in-game settings.
If you are playing the Forza Horizon 5 currently, press the menu button on your controller and then select Settings.
If you are at the main menu, then press the X button.
2. In Settings, select Accessibility.
3. In Accessibility, make sure that Screen Reader, Voice Chat Text-to-Speech and Voice Chat Speech-to-Text are all set to Off.
4. Next, press the menu button on the controller to save your changes.
5. Finally, you can try exiting the game and then launching it again to see if the narrator is still there in the introduction.
6. If you still hear the robotic voice, you can then try pressing and holding the Xbox button on your controller.
7. In the “What do you want to do?” menu, press the menu button to turn off the narrator for your Xbox Series S or Xbox Series X console.
8. Afterwards, try closing and opening Forza Horizon 5 again.
9. If you are still hearing the screen reader at the main menu, then you can try re-enabling and then disabling the Screen Reader, Voice Chat Text-to-Speech and Voice Chat Speech-to-Text again.
10. You can also try re-enabling and the disabling the system narrator of your Series S or Series X.
11. If the screen reader/narrator is still there at the start of Forza Horizon 5, then there is not much else you can do aside from waiting for the developer to fix this potential bug.
You can check to see if there is a new patch available for Forza Horizon 5 by opening the Guide menu by pressing the Xbox button on your controller and then go to My games & apps > See all > Manage > Updates.