New details are now available for the A50 Xbox One Halo Edition headset thanks to the Astro Gaming store. Firstly, there are several new photos showing more of the headset, which uses the same colors as Master Chief’s armor, as well as the TX Mix Amp and cables that are required to connect the gaming headset to the Xbox One Wireless controller. Preorder the Halo licensed product right now on Amazon with this link. The new photos are located below this paragraph.
The specs for the A50 Wireless Headset and TX Mix Amp are listed below:
A50 Wireless Headset Specs
- Transducer Principle: Open Air
- Frequency Response: 20 – 21,000 Hz
- Distortion: THD < 1%
- Microphone: 6.0mm unidirectional with noise gate
- Nominal Impedance: 48 Ohms
- Headband Pressure: 2.6N
- Ear Coupling: Over-Ear
- Weight w/o Cable: 363 g
- Connection: 2.5mm Xbox Live Chat Port, Micro-USB Port
TX Mix Amp Specs
- Wireless: 5.8GHz w/ KleerNet
- Audio Fidelity: 48kHz 16-bit
- Mic Fidelity: 48kHz 16-bit
- Channels: Stereo w/ Dolby
- Input: Micro-USB Power & Voice, Optical In, AUX In (3.5mm)
- Output: Optical Passthrough, USB Charging Port
- Power: USB
- Surround Technology: Dolby PLIIx, Dolby Headphone
If you haven’t read our previous piece, the product comes with the AG1, digital stand and several cables along with the A50 Wireless Headset and TX Mix Amp. It currently has a release date on the 1st of November, which is most likely a placeholder.
With that said, the new gaming headset should be released at around the same time as Halo: The Master Chief Collection on the 11th of November. The Xbox One collection (which has Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo, 3, Halo 4 and multiplayer beta to Halo 5) is available for preorder with this page on Amazon.