Are you planning to buy Destiny? While it may be tempting to just jump right into the videogame, we at Game Idealist have a few suggestions that should help you get the most out of your experience. Below is a list of the top five things we recommend doing prior to playing the videogame.
5. Playstation Plus and Xbox Live Gold
Destiny requires online; so you will need to make sure you have the right setup as the different consoles have different methods in terms of what requires a subscription and what doesn’t. The videogame needs Xbox Live Gold on the Xbox One and Xbox 360. While some parts of Destiny is accessible on the Playstation 4 without Playstation Plus, the cooperative and player versus player battles are locked out without a membership. For gamers with the Playstation 3, they do not have to worry about being subscribe to the Playstation Plus as online gameplay is completely free.
4. Vita Remote Play
No, Destiny isn’t coming on the Vita. With that said, the videogame can still be played on the handheld using Remote Play with the Playstation 4. Early impressions have shown that the streaming feature actually works quite well. If you are a busy person or someone else is hogging the television, playing on a handheld is the best option available. So, if you have a Playstation Vita, you should follow the instructions on the Playstation website on how to set up Remote Play.
3. Improve your performance
Whether you are teaming up with friends or killing them, you most certainly do not want to look weak. Having a good surround sound in impeccable in Destiny due to its large areas. Thankfully, you don’t have to blowout your budget on the Playstation 4 and Playstation 3 with the Gold Wireless Headset (or the Limited Edition Glacier White Gold Wireless Headset if you want one to match the color of the Glacier White Destiny Playstation 4 Bundle). The headset is an official first-party product and includes a dedicated audio mode just for Destiny.
Another product we recommend that should help you fare well in the videogame is Kontrol Freek. The analog covers provide a better grip, and thus better accuracy, than the default ones on the Playstation 4, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 controllers. Not to mention that they are pretty cheap as well. Find the various Kontrol Freek covers on this link.
2. Read up on a strategy guide
If you want to take your performance to the next level, we suggest that you should read up on a strategy guide. The most complete guide is, of course, the official one by Brady Games. The massive 400-page book covers basically all aspects of the videogame, from the missions to the character building to the player versus player battles. An e-guide book is also included for free if you don’t like flipping between pages. Find the prices for the two versions right now with the Amazon links – Destiny Signature Series Strategy Guide and Destiny Limited Edition Strategy Guide.
1. Redeem Codes
The last, and possibly most important, thing to do before playing Destiny is to redeem any codes that came with the game. It may sound obvious but a lot of gamers tend to forget about unlocking the free gifts before the code expires. So, if you got any of the preorder bonuses, free trials and other codes, you should redeem them as soon as possible.But what if your copy does not come with any codes? Fortunately, the good folks at Reddit has compiled a list of unlocks that came from various trading cards. These do not have any one-time use limit (so you can share them with your friends) and will help you unlock emblems, grimoires and shaders. Find the codes below this block of text.
- Grimoire Warlock – YKA-RJG-MH9
- Grimoire Hunter – MVD-4N3-NKH
- Grimoire Titan – 3DA-P4X-F6A
- Grimoire Rixis – TCN-HCD-TGY
- Grimoire Old-Russia – HDX-ALM-V4K
- Grimoire Hive – 473-MXR-3X9
- Grimoire Moon – JMR-LFN-4A3
- Grimoire Gjallorhorn – HC3-H44-DKC
- Grimoire Duke MK.44 – 69P-KRM-JJA
- Grimoire The Tower – 69P-VCH-337
- Grimoire The Hive: Ogre – 69R-CKD-X7L
- Grimoire Valley of the kings, Mars – 69R-DDD-FCP
- Grimoire The Fallen – 69R-F99-AXG
- Grimoire Red Death – 69R-VL7-J6A
- Grimoire The Cabal – 69X-DJN-74V
- Grimoire The Devastated Coast, Venus – 6A7-7NP-3X7
- Grimoire Vex Minotaur – 6A9-DTG-YGN
- Emblem Sign of the Finite – 7F9-767-F74
- Emblem Binding Focus – FJ9-LAM-67F
- Emblem Illusion of Light – JD7-4CM-HJG
- Emblem Ab Aeterno – JDT-NLC-JKM
- Emblem Field of Light – JNX-DMH-XLA
- Emblem Lone Focus, Jagged Edge – 7CP-94V-LFP
- Shader Double Banshee – 7MM-VPD-MHP
- Shader Orakel 99 – RXC-9XJ-4MH
Destiny is available on the 9th of September. Early indications are showing that it should be among the most, if the most, popular videogames coming out in 2014. So, if you haven’t already, order the videogame right now on Amazon.