A press release has been sent out by HyperX, explaining why you should purchase their latest product: the Cloud II gaming headset for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. The product is now available in the United States region and can be bought with this link on Amazon.
The company first talked about some of the new features, such as the 7.1 virtual surround sound, newly-designed USB control box and noise cancelling microphone. They also revealed that the gaming headset is connected through USB on PCs and Macs. On the console side, you will need to use a 3.5mm stereo cable (an additional controller adapter is also needed for the Xbox One). Take a look at their explanation below:
Shipping now, HyperX Cloud II features a newly designed USB sound card audio control box featuring 7.1 virtual surround sound, in addition to the great features and benefits of the previous award-winning HyperX Cloud headset.
Fully designed by HyperX sound engineers, the LED backlit audio control box delivers hardware-based (no drivers needed) 7.1 virtual surround sound with independent audio and microphone volume control. Gamers can easily toggle on 7.1 virtual Surround Sound with a push of a button to emulate having seven positional speakers for enhanced gaming. HyperX Cloud II is USB-powered for PC and Mac to amplify audio and voice, as well as 3.5mm stereo compatible for PS4 and Xbox One.
The microphone is digitally enhanced with noise cancellation, auto gain control and echo cancellation via the USB sound card. Certified by TeamSpeak and Skype optimized, HyperX Cloud II provides clearer voice quality, game sounds and reduced background noise. The ear cups and headband are 100-percent memory foam to provide maximum comfort when gaming for hours.
Lawrence Yang, the business manager of HyperX, also chimed in by saying the following:
We can now offer gamers a 7.1 virtual surround sound headset that has all of the comfort and style of the original HyperX Cloud.
Last but not least, the company also provided a list of features and specs for the headset and microphone of the product:
HyperX Cloud II Headset Features and Specs:
- Transducer Type: dynamic Ø 53mm
- Frequency Response: 15Hz–25,000 Hz
- Nominal SPL: 98±3dB
- Operating principle: closed
- Nominal impedance: 60 Ω per syste
- T.H.D.: < 2%
- Power handling capacity: 150mW
- Sound coupling to the ear: circumaural
- Ambient noise attenuation: approx. 20 dBa
- Headband pressure: 5N
- Weight with microphone and cable: 320g
- Cable length and type: 1m + 2m extension
- Connection: single mini stereo jack plug (3.5 mm)
HyperX Cloud II Microphone Features and Specs:
- Transducer Type: condenser (back electret)
- Polar Pattern: cardioid
- Frequency Response: 50-18,000 Hz
- Operating principle: pressure gradient
- Power supply: AB powering
- Supply voltage: 2V
- Current consumption: max 0.5 mA
- Nominal impedance: ≤2.2 kΩ
- Open circuit voltage: at f = 1 kHz: 20 mV / Pa
- THD: 2% at f = 1 kHz
- Max. SPL: 105dB SPL (THD≤1.0% at 1 KHz)
- Microphone output: -39±3dB
- Length mic boom: 150mm (include gooseneck)
- Capsule diameter: Ø6*5 mm
- Connection: single mini stereo jack plug (3.5mm)
If you are looking for a gaming headset for the PC, PS4 and/or Xbox One, you may want to take a look at the HyperX Cloud II. The original HyperX Cloud has gotten great feedback from the gaming community and it looks like the second iteration improves upon it is every single way.