Amazon has put up the product page for the Hyperkin SupaRetroN HD Gaming Console, revealing a few details. If you are interested, the retro system, which is compatible with SNES games from the NTSC and PAL regions, is available for preorder with this link from the shopping website. You can also check out an image of the SupaRetroN HD (more photos can be viewed in the aforementioned listing), as well as Amazon’s product description and features list below:
Aw snap! The 90s are back with the reddest console to hit your crib. The SupaRetroN HD is 16 bits of high definition nostalgia, letting you play your SNES (NTSC and PAL) or Super Famicom cartridges in crisp and vibrant 720p HD. It includes TWO premium classic-style controllers, a 3 ft. HD cable (supports 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratio), and a 6 ft. Micro USB charge cable. You can even play via AV with the provided AV cable. There’s no doubt the SupaRetroN HD is a proper celebration of the past and future of retro video games. Dust off those carts and get to work!
- HD audio and video (720p), 16:9/4:3 aspect ratio switch (Patent Pending)
- High compatibility for NTSC AND PAL SNES cartridges (via bottom case switch)
- Hyperkin-engineered Pin Perfect™ (Patent Pending) technology sets a new standard for state-of-the-art, high-quality pins.
- (2) x “Scout” premium classic-style controller (8 ft. cable)
- 3 ft. HD cable, 6 ft. Micro USB charge cable with USB AC adapter, AV ports with AV cable
The Hyperkin SupaRetroN HD Gaming Console for SNES will be released on January 8, 2018, in the North American region.